How does it work?
The Word "Anodyne" Means "Without Pain"
- Anodyne® Infrared Therapy is a patented form of Monochromatic Infra-Red Energy (MIRE).
- It uses the Infrared Light Energy to increase the local blood circulation in limbs to treat many conditions such as Peripheral Neuropathy, Wound Healing, Fractures healing…etc.
- For the last 15 years, Anodyne Therapy has been the best choice for patients who are looking for a non-invasive, drug free solution to live without pain, stiffness or muscle spasm and protection from Amputation.
- There are many published reviewed studies demonstrating the exceptional outcomes with Anodyne® Therapy Systems (available upon request).
- MIRE stands for Monochromatic Infra-Red Energy.
- Monochromatic means there is only one wavelength of light (890 nm) emitted by array of 60 LEDs (Super-Luminous Gallium Aluminum Arsenide Diodes) in each therapy pad which are flexible and directly contacted to the skin so it can easily shape to the body to allow the light to penetrate more deeply into the tissues.
- Infra-Red is the description of a light of 890 nm wavelength.
- Energy is a Photo energy– not thermal – in this portion of the electromagnetic spectrum has an extensive depth of penetration and significant absorption by hemoglobin. It is proven to increase blood flow by 400% if applied for 30 minutes.
- Role of Nitric Oxide (NO)
Nitric Oxide is the body’s most powerful vasodilator. It is a necessary mediator for micro angiogenesis and also is known to be responsible for the pain relieving aspect of some pain medications, such as morphine. Nitric Oxide is released during treatment with Anodyne Therapy.
- Peripheral Neuropathy that eventually results in loss of sensation leading to diabetic ulcers and non-traumatic amputations & Diabetic foot.
- Wound Healing.
- Non-Union Fractures.
- Rapid Healing of Fractures.
- Anodyne® Infrared Therapy units -FDA approved- are used by numerous health care professionals in many fields of medicine including, but not limited to: Diabetes, Vascular, Neurological, Orthopedics and Chiropractic for improved patient’s outcomes.
- Adjustable power output to allow flexibility in treatment of a wide range of conditions.
- 8 Therapy Pads provides for the simultaneous treatment of both feet in peripheral neuropathy patients thereby reducing total treatment time for each patient.
- Lightweight and portable for easy transport to and setup in multiple clinic sites.
- Provided with Durable carrying case.
- Anodyne has two models :
- Anodyne 480 with 8 pads for doctors clinics
- Anodyne 120 with 4 pads for home & Personal Use
Infrared Photo Energy
Super-Luminous Gallium Aluminium Arsenide Diodes
No. of Pads
8-Pads or 4-Pads
What is the treatment Protocol for ANODYNE?
– Recommended frequency (minimum 12 sessions--Session Duration: 45 minutes.):
* Wounds: Daily
* Bone healing: Daily
* Peripheral Neuropathy: 3 times weekly
For which wound type the ANODYNE treatment is indicated?
Case reports show that adjunctive use of MIRE is effective in the treatment of:
• Pressure ulcers.
• Venous ulcers.
• Post-Amputation wounds.
• Ischemic and post-surgical wounds.
• Wounds related to scleroderma.
• Wounds caused by chemical agents.
What are the contraindications of ANODYNE?
Anodyne should not be used by patients who have the following medical conditions:
• Cancerous lesions
• Patients with active malignancy.
• Pregnant patients